Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Bummer


Well...that was a tough loss to swallow.

Hockey fans all across the land are in a mini depression today, after Team Canada fell 5-3 to U.S.A. last night in Vancouver. The Canadians didn't play that bad, it's just the Americans played really, really good. Martin Brodeur was his stick-wielding self...and I think it cost them the game. The Olympics is no time for showboating, and I think he was the culprit of doing just that. It's fine for the NHL, after all the NHL at the end of the day is for entertainment. The Olympics are a different story, and I hope Babcock goes with the Hometown Netminder...Vancouver Canuck Roberto Luongo. I think it is the right move with the tournament on the line.

To help ease the pain, I stumbled across ESPN's Rick Reilly's take on the Vancouver games...and it is hilarious, so I've attached his links.

Prepare for a few chuckles...I was in tears after reading these two articles...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4916058

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4906756

No comments: