Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Winter Arrives Early, Christmas Miracles and Chinese Democracy











What a weekend!
Friday night was a great success as Jingle Bell Rock was a blast at Dooly's in New Minas! Magic 94.9 raised over $2200 for the Kinsmen and Kinette Christmas Miracle, meaning families in OUR community will have a better Christmas. There were great prizes, tons of people and a killer karaoke crew. Thanks to all who came out before the storm to support the night, and thanks to those who convinced Jerry not to sing "Love Shack" in its entirety.

Well, well, well...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! And snow it did! If it wasn't for my great neighbours, I wouldn't have left the driveway for my remote at Home Depot in New Minas, and would have had to spend the day throwing snowballs at my dog Jake, which did have its moments. It was the Grand Opening at the all-new location on Silver Fox Avenue, just off of Commercial Street and even though the weather was less than awesome, frozen faithful trickled in for the best selection of shovels and snowblowers available in the valley. The store can be summed up in one word - AWESOME. It's huge...the staff is great, and I had a great time greeting every shopper who braved the elements to be there!
Picked up Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy today. FINALLY! It seems like yesterday that a few friends and I hopped in the car and went to the HMV store at the Pickering Town Centre in Ontario when I was in the 10th grade and waited in line to buy Use your Illusion I. If you bought I, they gave you Use Your Illusion II free. It was worth the wait, and was an unofficial soundtrack to my grade 10 year. It's been until now, (not including the awful Spaghetti Incident) that I've been waiting for fresh new tunes from Guns. So yeah it's only Axel and some no-namers, but it's still Guns, and until Slash and the boys put their differences aside and rejoin Axel for the next one, this is what we get. Pick it up, you won't be disappointed.
This week brings a return to the County Fair Mall Friday for the $10,000 Shopping Spree and the big Robot Show at Acadia Saturday. It will be great to find out if Number 5 really is alive. I'll have to watch Short Circuit again before I go...besides it's been WAY to long since I've watched a good Steve Guttenberg movie.
Until then, feel free to drop me a line! hunter.brule@magic949.ca

No comments: