Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Rodeo Night at the Ex!










It was a great rodeo this year at the Annapolis Valley Exibition in Lawrencetown...Brian Mumford didn't get injured on a steer...so all went well! The only thing Mumfy hurt was his pride I think, when he rode out to an under-whelming 1.3 seconds...which was 1.3 seconds longer than I would ever attempt, so no worries Champ...you made us fellow Misfits proud. After the steer-riding contest, our two Amanda's...Milne and Misner entertained the crowd in the wheel-barrow races. This was something to see, especially with Misner not being the biggest of fans of the four-legged animal known as a horse. They both did great, too bad it was late and too dark for my pictures to turn out. I did however catch the ladies before they entered the ring. And there was also a candy-apple eating contest between Jo and Amber Daley (sales Misfit)...I believe it was a draw by the red dye on their faces :)
Tonight...it's The Stampeders and the Farmers Challenge. I'm taking on Jerry Neville in what should be a terrible display of farming skills. I hear Neville is already shaking in his spurs...

No comments: