Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need some..."Me time?"


Drop your man off at the theatre, give him the $5.99 and popcorn money if he so deserves, and tell him you'll see him in two hours. He will get a chance to see "The Expendables"...and you will get some much-deserved "you-time".

Fellow Misfit Andrew Foote and myself checked out the all-out, testosterone-filled, action overdose starring Sylvester Stallone, and his fellow cast of aging action stars, which included a cameo role by the Governator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger. I grew up watching Rambo, Commando..wrestling and martial arts movies, so for me it was great to be reunited with these old guys I used to spend hours on hours with in between games of Contra on my Nintendo NES.

The Expendables is full of senseless action, explosions and cheesy one-liners ("...I got a text"...) and that's what I was hoping for.

So go ahead...drop him off...your man will love this movie, and you'll I'm sure, love the one hour and 50 minutes to yourself :)

No comments: