Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Grown Ups...a good laugh.



Even the negative review from Roger Ebert didn't stop me from wanting to to see Grown Ups. With a cast that includes comic heavyweights Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider, I had to check it out...and I'm glad I did.

I highly recommend checking out Grown Ups if you need a good laugh. There's nothing unexpected...just pure summer fun, wrapped up in 102 minutes. It was like spending a saturday night with a few buddies...and you can tell that's exactly how the comics went into this one, as you can tell these guys get along and are best of buds behind the cameras too.
It's not going to win any awards, but it wins my vote as another great summer comedy...check it out.

Also, rented The Perfect Getaway last night, starring Steve Zahn. No big star-power here...but if you like suspense, and movies you think you have figured out while watching it, but then realize you were way off...then this is worth a look too, I really liked it.

Tomorrow's new video releases include The Crazies...and Hot Tub Time machine. I've never been a big zombie movie fan, but I try to never miss a hot tub party.

No comments: