Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big Concert Rumour...and a love for Spock






When I got off the air today, there was an email in my inbox with excitement as the attachment. Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney may rock it out in Halifax this summer. That's right...EX-BEATLE PAUL McCARTNEY MAY ROCK OUT IN HALIFAX!!! I know we've heard this one before...but this time around several sources are saying McCartney is close to announcing an outdoor show at the Halifax Common site Saturday, July 11. One source said the announcement could come within days...stay tuned...

Being a Toronto Raptors fan, I was pleased to learn that the team had dropped the "interim" tag from Head Coach Jay Triano's title. I think it was a good move, the players like him, and more importantly, Chris Bosh likes him...so hopefully #4 will stick around after next season and sign an extention this summer...good luck Mr. Colangelo.

Erin Sullivan was on the show this morning...she is one of a few broadcasting students from the NSCC waterfront campus, spending a couple of weeks here at 29 Oakdene. After a week learning the ropes under the watchful eye of one Jerry Neville at our Windsor studio, she was able to experience radio from a different perspective...one that did not include 4 a.m. consumption of Coca-Cola and random caffeinated outbursts about the history of professional wrestling in Nova Scotia. There was however...self-discovery for the young apprentice. Although she did not catagorize herself as a "Trekkie" there was a moment where she saw a picture of Spock for the first time, and was instantly mesmerized by his stature...and pointy ears. I guess I understand her affection, but I'm afraid I have introduced a permanent distraction for the young radio host-to-be...as I found her unable to tear away from anything to do with the veiled Vulcan...focus was lost. I tried to get her to try our famous brew here at the station to help her snap out of it, but she would have no part of the taste of recycled tires which I have grown accustomed to. The pictures above tell all...I wish Erin and Spock all the best.
Until tomorrow...

No comments: